Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Strangers

Good morning scrapping friends!  Today's layout is from a gorgeous kit that I don't believe I've featured yet - it's called A Vintage Delight. The layout is called "Strangers" and it's by The 51 Mom. Here it is:


Isn't this fabulous? I love the colors in this kit, and The 51 Mom has shown them off so well. I love the way she's layered her papers, and the way she's clustered with her pictures. I also love the poem she has included, which I am going to copy here because it has a message for all of us:


Come look with me inside this drawer,
In this box I've often seen,
At the pictures, all in black and white,
And the faces proud, serene.

I wish I knew these people,
These strangers in the box.
Their names and all their memories
Are lost among my socks.

I wonder what their lives were like.
How did they spend their days?
What about their special times?
I'll never know their ways.

If only someone had taken time
To tell who, what, where and when,
These faces of my heritage
Would come to life again.

Could this become the fate
Of the picture we take today?
The faces and the memories 
Someday will fade away.

Make time to save your stories.
Seize opportunity when it knocks.
Or someday you and yours could be
The strangers in the box.

Wonderful words that are so very true. We need to be scrapping all we can of our precious photos so that our descendants will know who we were and what we loved. And believe me, Silvia has a kit for every occasion, and each kit contains so many layout possibilities, you can scrap with them over and over!

You can get A Vintage Delight here:
Gotta Pixel
Digitals
Scrapbook-Bytes
A Cherry On Top

Check out this gorgeous kit, and you'll see just how rich it is, both in colors, papers, elements, and layout possibilities!

See you tomorrow!

No comments: