Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Daddy

Good morning, my Silvia fan friends!  Today we are going to look at a layout from one of Silvia's older kits, Basically Worn.  The layout is called Daddy, and it's done by kaybkay:


This layout really touched me and brought tears to my eyes.  Kay's journaling is a beautiful portrayal of her feelings about her father, ending with how much she misses him.  If you've lost someone important in your life, you definitely can relate.  She has included 2 pictures, one of her as a baby and one as an adult, and I know she treasures both of them.  I think choosing the colors black and white for this layout helps to portray the sense of loss she feels - actually it's more accurate to say that the paper is black, but everything else is white.  So maybe there's a sense of sadness but it's overcome by the white color of hope.  The white clustering is fantastic, it really sets off the top picture and creates a dividing line between the top and bottom halves in a great way. I know this must have been a healing layout for Kay, and I thank her so much for sharing this tender place in her heart.

You can get Basically Worn here:
Gotta Pixel
Digitals
Scrapbook-Bytes
A Cherry On Top

Even though we usually look at layouts from new releases, I just felt this was such a special layout I had to share it with you.  And maybe this is a kit you haven't taken a look at yet, so take this opportunity!

No comments: